Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My heart is broken

When you are young you think you are invisible. You live life to the fullest like everyone loves to say. Well a dear friend of mine lived his life to the fullest each and every day. Traveled the world and conquered all. He was a genius in all of our eyes. And Friday, January 2nd, his life ended. A freak accident is what it was. Dan was very smart and triple checked everything. Made sure everything was in order and was exactly the way it was supposed to be. A tandem jump, first time jumping with a wing suit and the papers say he slipped out of his harness. I never liked skydiving and now I hate it. He was only 22 years old. So young. So much more of life left to live.
Mister life of the party, would pull his shirt right off his back for someone who needed it. He had the best sense of humor. And he amazed you when he started talking about Germany, Italy, Russia, or England. Europe was his favorite place to be when work was sending him away. My heart is broken thinking about him not being with us anymore, but I know he is always around.
I'm trying to keep a smile on my face for you Danny. Love you babe and I will always miss you!
RIP Daniel Kulpa

No comments: